Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Hiking is so good for the soul!




During our hike today I was extremely  aware of how the environment was conducive to me being present in the moment,  I had to be so aware of my surrounding if not I could have fallen.  I was aware of the sounds, the temperature, the smells and was blown away by some of the views.  I think we came together as a team and we able to connect to each other because the environment allowed for us to converse and relate to each other.  This allowed me to reflect on the environment we put our students in.  The typical  environment is often stagnant and does not bend to our students.  Our conversation we had about the “other” was very interesting to me.  I think that everyone can be the “other” depending on the situation and environment they are place in.  That is why it is so important to know our students and be cognizant of our students needs and how their needs will change depending on the task and environment they are placed in.  I loved this hike and I know that I will think of in the years to come when I am designing an ecology for my students!


No comments:

Post a Comment